There’s a couple of factors in selecting the right Elcometer Coating Thickness Gauge / instrument:
- Is the application on the dry or wet coating. If it’s a wet coating this is covered inside a future article
- Is the coating on the metallic or non metallic substrate. If it’s a non metallic substrate for example wood, plaster, concrete, plastic, rubber or similar i then covers that inside a future article
In case your application is really a dry film coating thickness on the metal substrate then your following questions will target the correct unit for you personally.
- Is the application inside a blasting atmosphere in which the substrate is rough or will the applying perform an even substrate for example within an automotive or powder coating atmosphere. In case your application is really a rough surface start to another question. We’ll cover the graceful application inside a future article.
- Are you currently calculating on Ferrous eg Steel, Non Ferrous eg Aluminium or on. This could see whether you need an F, NF or FNF unit.
- Are you needing the instrument to download to some computer. If the reply is no a Fundamental Model ie B will suffice while if the reply is yes then you’ve the selection between: Standard unit – download 1,500 readings in 1 batch or even the Top unit – download as much as 150,000 readings in as much as 2,500 batches. The ElcoMaster 2. software just been launched and comes free using the Standard and Top models.
- Are you needing an important ie I or perhaps a separate probe ie S model. An Important probe belongs to the system and it is the greater popular model using its one handed operation and it is elevated sturdiness. The Separate probe model is much better for additional hard to access areas or smaller sized places that you might also need a choice of Right Position, Telescopic and Miniature probes. You’d likewise be able to make use of the brand new Elcometer scan probe should you selected another probe option (scan mode just with T model). 5. What thickness are you currently calculating? The Size 1 analyzes to 1500 microns, the size 2 as much as 5mm (5,000 microns) and also the Scale 3 as much as 13mm. There’s also probes that compare well to 30mm. The scan probe also offers a Scale 2 probe which could measure to roughly 5mm.